Category – Paraprofessional
Type – Hourly
Basic function: Ensure maintenance of Agency facilities and property under the direction of the Maintenance/Transportation Director.
- Works in coordination with Maintenance Worker V.
- Provides on-site guidance and assistance to other maintenance personnel.
- Recommends possible changes in maintenance procedures to ensure cost-efficient and energy- efficient programs.
- Notifies supervisor of needed equipment, material or supplies with adequate notice for securing.
- Keeps maintenance areas, equipment, and supplies neat, clean, and orderly.
- Maintains proper physical condition of Agency sites, including minor repair work, which includes, but is not limited to electrical, plumbing, and related areas within city and village codes, and in accordance with site leases.
- Attends to needed repairs and maintenance of Agency property including, but not limited to, desks, chairs, dishwashers, washers/dryers, hot water heaters, etc. Consults with supervisor regarding costly repairs or replacement.
- Constructs adaptive equipment in consultation with supervisor/program staff.
- Provides for grounds maintenance including snow/ice removal and lawn care at Agency sites.
- Assists with moving office, household furnishings, and program equipment.
- Completes all annual training requirements.
- May be required to assist during emergency situations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Verifiable documentation of education. High school graduate or equivalency with one or more years of maintenance experience/trade school, and insurable driving record, and dependable transportation required. Ability to lift 75 pounds and meet the physical requirements of this position. Advanced knowledge of electrical, plumbing, automotive repair, HVAC systems and HVAC certification preferred; knowledge of fork lift operation a plus. Also includes lawn care and snow removal, ability to work in inclement weather, evening and weekend hours.