Category – non-exempt
Type – hourly
Basic Function: Provides friendly services and promotes a clean and safe environment in the Retail Shop, The Attic.
- Maintains store premises and grounds in a clean, neat condition. Assures the general appearance of the store and premises are exemplary at all times. Constantly watches for fire hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Checks condition and placement of stock in a clean, neat and orderly condition. Suggests and maintains displays and advertising ideas and prepares and places signs in sales areas and windows. Straightens items throughout the day, especially before leaving the store at the end of the shift.
- Safeguards the premises, merchandise, material under his/her care at all times. Seeks to reduce the possibility of pilferage or burglary.
- Maintains merchandise stock levels necessary to support budgeted sales. Insures that all merchandise is expedited to the sales floor and only excess merchandise is stored.
- Rotates merchandise according to seasons.
- Is responsible for cleaning, as needed, and emptying trash in the store. Completes required documentation within a timely manner.
- Conducts inventory control and ordering supplies for the Resale Shop.
- Handles customer’s complaints in a fair and impartial manner.
- Assists individuals receiving services in obtaining job skills.
- Completes all annual training requirements.
- Promotes special events and may be required to adjust work hours for special events.
- May have varied schedule with nights and weekends being required.
- Balances cash drawer at end of shift.
- May be required to assist during emergency situations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Verifiable documentation of education – high school graduate or equivalency. Retail and leadership experience preferred. Current Direct Support Persons (DSP) qualifications a plus. Fingerprint Criminal Background Check and Essential Functions Test/Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen are required. Must have a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Language and Skills
This job requires good verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to read and write. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals as tested by the Retail Shop Clerk Math Test. Ability to read, as measured by the Short Test of Functional Health Literacy in Adults (S-TOFHLA). Ability to deal with problems and resolve conflicts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.